Sunday, November 11, 2012

It all started

My Adventure of a Lifetime (until the next one, of course)


Deborah Boch once worked here in Summit County some 4 or 5 years ago. She had moved to Nepal and then I heard she got married and had a baby girl, named Luna. Last March we ran in to each other at Mary Beth's house (super cute Luna was there). She was inviting us on a trek she and her husband were organizing for October. It would be for a month and include up to 20 of her family and friends, most of them being "our age". My interest was piqued, but I had just broken my wrist and told her my travel budget was limited this year to a few thousand. She just looked at me with her big eyes and replied, "It probably won't cost any more than that, depending on your airfare."  WHAT! A month long vacation to a place that was always high on my bucket list, guided by someone I know and love, with a group of like-minded women I can relate to in so many ways, during "mud season" here...where do I sign up?  She promised to email me all the information. 
On October 11th we all met in Kathmandu for An Adventure of a Lifetime!

No comments:

Post a Comment